The fishing gear you take with you the next time you head out with rod in hand will play a large part in whether you have an enjoyable or unbearable time. Even the most avid fisherman can’t keep a smile on his face when he’s chilled to the bone. So today we’ve put together a list of fishing gear that you need to stay comfortable on a day by the water.
Fishing Gear You Need to Stay Comfortable When Fishing
The gear that you will need to take with you for your next fishing strip depends on where you are headed, what you plan on doing there, and the weather forecast!
Fishing Gear You Need on Rainy Days
Rainy days can lead to great fishing. Line casting is hidden among raindrops on the surface of the water, small insects increase in number as the rain dies down, and rain can also cause an increase in organic matter being washed into the water which means more food for fish! If you plan to fish on a rainy day, though, make sure that you pick up these necessities!
- Lightweight pants or rain pants rather than shorts since insect activity is going to be high
- A windbreaker or rain jacket to protect against wind and rain
- Waterproof boots or shoes with a good grip
Fishing Gear You Need on Hot Summer Days
Depending on what you’re fishing for, hot summer days can result in some of the biggest fish you’ll catch year-round! Night fishing on those hot summer days is particularly fruitful, but whether you fish day or night, you’ll want this hot weather gear in your arsenal.
- A full coverage hat to protect your head from overheating
- A thin SPF shirt to stay cool and protected against burning
- Polarized sunglasses
Fishing Gear You Need Whatever the Weather!
If you’re a year-round fisher you will want to stock up on fishing gear for every weather condition including the gear listed above. You’ll also want to look into picking up these necessities!
- Extra socks because yours will get wet!
- Boat shoes or water shoes
- A jacket or vest with enough pockets to hold the necessities
- Good quality waders if you plan to go into the water
- A sturdy pair of gloves
What else do you recommend for fishing gear you need to stay comfortable whatever the weather? Leave us a comment and let us know your “must haves”!