Our Favorite Snook Recipe
Ready to see what all the fuss is about? The delicious white meat of snook makes a great meal. Snook are easy to clean too! Best to get yourself a Real Men Prey Fishing Fillet Knife to get the job done right.
The good news is that it’s pretty easy to fry a snook to perfection.
Here’s what you will need:
- Oil - (vegetable, grapeseed, canola or peanut) – we prefer peanut oil
- ¾ cup finely ground cornmeal (do not use coarse)
- ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 2 tbsp Jimmy P’s Seasoning – the secret ingredient!
- 1 lb Snook fillets
- Potato bread
- Your favorite condiments
- Once the fillets are patted dry, put them in a shallow dish and pour the buttermilk over them. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or more.
- Heat ½ inch of oil over medium-high heat in a cast iron skillet to a temperature of 350-375.
- Mix the cornmeal, flour and seasoning in a shallow dish
- Remove each fillet from the buttermilk, let the excess drip off, then roll in the cornmeal mixture.
- Add the fillets to the skillet. Once the bottom turns golden brown, flip them over and brown the other side.
- Remove each fillet and place on a dish lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve on a healthy slice of toasted potato bread with your choice of condiments for a man size sandwich!
Got a favorite snook recipe? Share it on our social media at Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.